|Dolphin Word Puzzle Search
Answer the questions and search for their answers in the wordsearch puzzle. All the clues and answers to the questions can be found throughout the website. Have fun!
Dolphin Food Pyramid
Match the names of prey to their pictures
Print and color the Dolphin Food Pyramid. Try to match the names of the prey to their pictures.
Print this beautiful picture and color it! Try to think of the other animals that share the ocean with the dolphins and draw them in. Are there predators in your picture, food for the dolphins to eat, or researchers, like those at Wild Dolphin Project, taking pictures and videotaping the dolphins?
DID YOU KNOW?
- Spotted dolphin calves are unspotted and look like young bottlenose dolphins.
- Spotted dolphins regurgitate hard, indigestible parts of their food, such as squid beaks and fish vertebrae.
- As spotted dolphins grow up they learn how to behave from their mothers and also from sibngs, peers, and elders in the society.
- Juvenile spotted dolphins babysit younger spotteds.
- As a spotted dolphin grows up, its role and responsibities in the dolphin community change Sometimes spotted dolphins travel, forage for food, and sociaze with bottlenose dolphins.
- Atlantic spotted dolphins are relatively unstudied, compared to their pan-tropical cousins who have been slaughtered in the tuna nets.
- Spotted dolphins use their signature whistles in many different ways, including initiating contact with other dolphins. Spotted dolphins can be identified over long periods of time by spot patterns, by flukes, and by dorsal fins.